[zSQLgate] zSQLgate v0.03 -- Link Fields

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 17:50:10 CEST 2002

Dear zSQLgaters,

I am delighted to announce the release of version 0.03 of zSQLgate,
available for download from the usual place --

	http://sql.z3950.org/download/index.html

Version 0.03 introduces one very significant new feature, along with
the usual batch of documentation improvements, etc.: the ability to
resolve link fields.  This means that you can easily write a
configuration file for a server that present records containing data
drawn from more than one table.  To use a bibliographic example, you
can define a Z39.50 database called "works", say, which serves records
drawn from your RDBMS's "book" table, but also including an author
name drawn from the "author" table by linking through the book table's
author_id field.

In fact, that's _exactly_ what the sample configuration file
	examples/books/books.nzd
does.  Check it out!

By the way, please can I once more encourage you all to join the
zSQLgate mailing list if you have not already done so?  It's
_extremely_ quick and easy, and will absolutely not deluge you in
mail.  (For what it's worth, this message is only the second one ever
to be sent to the list.)  You can join at