[ZOOM] Has anyone used ZOOM to send an update holdings request to OCLC.

Rob Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu May 22 13:52:47 CEST 2008

>  > Here is the structure we are sending in our request:
>  >
>  > ES Struct: PyZ3950.asn1.ExtendedServicesRequest [
>
> Oooohhhhh ...
>
> So you're not using YAZ at all!  OK, you have a non-YAZ client
> (PyZ3950) talking to a non-YAZ server (OCLC) ... *whew*, we're in the
> clear :-)  Seriously, one or other is at fault -- you could try using
> ziffy the packet sniffer to determine which.

*You're* in the clear, certainly ;)

Aaron and I tried some ExtendedServices out, but mostly basic ones to a
Zebra server.  We certainly didn't test the OCLC stuff that you're
having trouble with, for exactly the same reasons that Mike pointed out
-- lack of prior art or use cases.

If there's anything in PyZ that needs fixing, I'm happy to try and help,
but it was Aaron that did most of the hard work at the ASN level.
You could try and find him on #code4lib on the Freenode IRC server
perhaps.