[ZOOM] PyZ3950 & OCLC Worldcat; YAZ & SWIG

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Sun May 30 01:05:42 CEST 2004

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Aaron Lav wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 04:47:11PM -0500, Charles Bearden wrote:

> > From the source code it appears that PyZ3950.zoom.Query
> > accepts only CCL queries but then builds a (ASN.1 encoded?) RPN query
> but for the record, PyZ3950 does support PQF, and, if you feel like
> generating the RPN structures yourself, you can do that (although

Our CVS version (which we should really release properly if Aaron hasn't
already!) also supports Cheshire's query language, CQL, server side CQL
and the Z-SQL spec.

One note about the PQF support though:  the syntax used must mirror the
RPN -- you can't do things like:

@attr 3=3 @and @attrset bib1 @attr 1=4 fish @attr 2=9 baz

You have to just repeat the @attrs for each clause.

      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk)
,'---/::::::::::.    University of Liverpool
I L L U M I N A T I  L5R Shop: http://www.cardsnotwords.com/