[ZOOM] Possible new Connection properites - comments?

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri May 21 14:58:23 CEST 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Alan Kent wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:15:17PM +0100, Rob Sanderson wrote:
> > > Note: we are also defining some private extensions to ZeeRex in a
> > > separate namespace allowing CQL relations and relation modifiers to
> > > be defined. This means someone can define new operators etc in a ZeeRex
> >
> > Could you give an example?  You can 'define' new operators using

> Define, declare, claim, purport, suggest, hint, lie, ... who invented English
> anyway? ;-)

:)

What I was meaning, before I got caught up in being pedantic, was that I
would like an example of your extension.

> > Ahh, I see your point.  We have the following query types in our ZOOM
> > implementation:
> > C2     -- Cheshire2 RPN representation based on CCL
> > CCL    -- Obvious
> > S-CCL  -- Server side CCL
> Question - you say client side CCL is obvious. I assume you do the same
> thing as client side CQL by default and have a fixed table of index
> names your client library knows.

I meant that it was obvious what CCL referred to, as opposed to S-CQL and
C2. And as Aaron points out, that is what we're doing.

      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk)
,'---/::::::::::.    University of Liverpool
I L L U M I N A T I  L5R Shop: http://www.cardsnotwords.com/