[ZOOM] Possible new Connection properites - comments?

Aaron Lav asl2 at pobox.com
Fri May 21 04:32:04 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 10:37:21AM +1000, Alan Kent wrote:

> Question - you say client side CCL is obvious. I assume you do the same
> thing as client side CQL by default and have a fixed table of index
> names your client library knows.

Yes, although there's also two hacks:
- you can specify an arbitrary OID with ATTRSET(oid/query), but this
syntax only allows you to specify one OID for the whole query (so
it doesn't support Z39.50v3's generality)
- you can specify attributes with "(attrtype,attrval)" syntax, e.g.
you can say "(1,1003)=Monty Python" (the Term is always of type
'general' in this case).

If there's a more standard way of doing either of these, I'd be happy
to hear about it.

         Aaron (asl2 at pobox.com)