Asynchronous Operations (Was: [ZOOM]

Matthew J. Dovey matthew.dovey at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 19:35:34 CET 2004

Mmmm,

Attached is a rough attempt to map asynchronous ZOOM onto Java
interfaces/abstract classes (on org.z3950.azoom package

Essentionally a Connection class is a listener for the
searchRequestEvent which has a property query (the actual method
search(SearchRequestEvent) is abstract to be implemented by the err
implementation). A SearchRequestResponseListener (i.e. something the
A3PI toolkit user would write) can be registered to the Connection
class. Connection class fires a SearchRequestResponseEvent when there
are some results (a SearchRequestResponseEvent has a property of type
org.z3950.azoom.ResultSet).

Similarly for doing scans (Connection being a listener for
scanRequestEvents and a firer of scanResponseEvents).

Also RecordSet listens for getRecordRequestEvents and fires
getRecordResponseEvents (for asynchronous presents).

A C# implementation would look very similar.

Matthew

P.S. could someone confirm that this is reaching the list!