Asynchronous Operations (Was: [ZOOM]

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Feb 6 17:37:12 CET 2004

> Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:13:03 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > I would prefer that the Asynchronous AAPI (AAAPI?) not depend on
> > threads, in part because they are not universally available.
>
> In the model of W3C and C3PO, how about:    A3PI?

Brilliant!  Utterly brilliant!  I am currently going through a
six-year-old-son-induced _Star Wars_ obsession revival anyway (I've
just bought lego kits for an X-wing and TIE fighter) so this really
hits the spot.  I am prepared to back down on Get/Set Option methods
in the Java binding, but on this issue, I will not be gainsaid: A3PI
it is!

> Err, anyway...

You were saying?  :-)

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <mike at indexdata.com>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "The fighting must begin before another someone dies" --
	 Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, _16th Century Greensleeves_.  Eh?