[ZOOM] Re: zoom.hh

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 13:56:58 CET 2001

> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:38:45 +0000
> From: Ashley Sanders <zzaascs at irwell.mimas.ac.uk>
>
> attached is zoom.hh with lots taken out, lots still the same,
> and the option stuff not changed at all.

Thanks for this.  Apologies for the long delay -- largely due to email
problems -- but it's finally up on the site in the obvious place,
	http://zoom.z3950.org/bind/cplusplus/zoom-1.0g.hh
with the changes described at
	http://zoom.z3950.org/bind/cplusplus/changes-1.0g.html

I welcome comments on my analysis of the changes, particularly
reminders of the other reasons why we decided to do searching by a
resultSet constructor!

(This means all of you, not just Ashley!)

> I'm afraid getRecord still returns a pointer to const record and
> class record still has clone. I really can't see a sensible way
> around this -- but maybe I'm just being thick.

We'll discuss this separately when I've caught up.

)_v__/\  "Sure it stinks, but only a little stink; not the horrendous
	 stench you might find in some other alleged ``science''
	 reports" -- Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. in a mellow mood