[ZOOM] DOM

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 18:16:53 CET 2001

I wrote:

> Can anyone point me at a one-page summary of the DOM API
> (rather than the several quintillion pages referenced from
>  http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR)?

Ugh.  Downloaded the PostScript document ref'd as Level 1 of DOM
(i.e. two generations old) and it's 212 pages long!!

(I think we can beat that by an order of magnitude!)

)_v__/\  "We would like to apologize for the way in which politicians
	 are represented in this program.  It was never our intention
	 to imply that politicians are weak-kneed political
	 time-servers who are concerned more with their personal
	 vendettas and private power struggles than with the problems
	 of government.  Nor to suggest at any point that they
	 sacrifice their credibility by denying free debate on vital
	 matters, in the mistaken impression that party unity comes
	 before the well-being of the people they supposedly
	 represent.  Nor to imply at any stage that they are squabbling
	 little toadies without an ounce of concern for the vital
	 social problems of today.  Nor indeed do we intend that the
	 viewers should consider them as crabby, ulcerous little
	 self-seeking vermin with furry legs and an excessive addiction
	 to alcohol and certain explicit sexual practices which some
	 people might find offensive.  We are sorry if this impression
	 has come across" -- Monty Python.