[ZOOM] Re: Scope of ZOOM (was Hello etc)

Robert Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Nov 7 14:30:57 CET 2001

> > If everything is going into the Abstract API, then the documentation
> > will be just as cumbersome as the NISO standard document and once
> > again we're at the point where it's not used in favour of
> > proprietary systems.
> This is a crucial point, and well made.  I'd say this is the single
> greatest danger we face, and it does bother me.  So thanks for the
> sanity-check warning.

No problem :)

> That said, I side with Adam and Sebastian in claiming that in this
> particular case -- multi-database searching -- the extra complexity is
> very little: essentially, one titchy new method on the record class.

Okies. So long as it's considered, that's all I can ask.  It's not that
big a deal I agree, but it does make for more interesting diagnostics if
multiDB and multiserver searches are to use a single interface (which they
should!)  Look forwards to -how- this is to be represented in the AAPI :)