[ZOOM] 1st ZOOM Meeting

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 15:55:42 CET 2001

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 14:05:11 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > > It also gives us reticent slackers an incentive to finish our own
> > > bindings.
> >
> > Aha!  This comment carries the connotation that you've actually
> > _started_ the Tcl binding.  C'est ca?
>
> Yes, though not a lot (today is my first day part time working, full
> time finishing my PhD - and most of it will probably be spent
> migrating everything to my new development machine)

OK.  Good news, nevertheless!

> > > Perhaps two half days plus an evening at a pub? :) eg arrive
> > > morning of the 4th, meeting afternoon, dinner and pub in the
> > > evening, meeting on the morning of the 5th, head home in the
> > > afternoon
> >
> > I'd like to hear from other people, but for me, if we're only
> > going to have one working day's worth of meetings, I'd rather do
> > it all on one day -- less time off my Day Job that way.
>
> Whereas for me, and I expect anyone else who's not already in
> London, that getting to a morning meeting means arriving the
> previous day anyway and spending the night doing nothing which could
> be spent more productively at a pub ;)

I see your problem.  Although of course there's nothing to stop us
meeting up in a pub the night before the meeting proper.  Anything to
add, Ian?  (I assume that you won't be able to make it, Bradley?)

> BTW - can the mailing list be configured that reply-to be sent as
> the list, not the original sender?

By all that is holy, no!  See

http://www.indexdata.dk/pipermail/zoom/

> Is it Z searchable?

Nope.

)_v__/\  "I *spit* on people who have their Z39.50 servers return
	 HTML-formatted records.  I humiliate them publicly and curse
	 their ancestors" -- Sebastian Hammer.