[ZOOM] 1st ZOOM Meeting

Mike Taylor mike at tecc.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 14:44:27 CET 2001

> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:34:18 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk>
>
> > We're trying to arrange a first meeting of the ZOOM initiative's
> > prime movers, largely because it's turned out that there are more,
> > and more complex, issues in the C++ and C bindings than we'd
> > envisaged, and we
>
> It also gives us reticent slackers an incentive to finish our own
> bindings.

Aha!  This comment carries the connotation that you've actually
_started_ the Tcl binding.  C'est ca?

> > 	As for a face to face meeting -- I mentioned to Rob that I
> > 	would be in London from 3rd to 6th December.  But of those
> > So we could plan to meet on either the 4th or 5th in London.  (Is one
>
> I can get to London for these dates.

Excellent.

> > (1) Is one day enough or do we need two (or more?!)
>
> Perhaps two half days plus an evening at a pub? :) eg arrive morning
> of the 4th, meeting afternoon, dinner and pub in the evening,
> meeting on the morning of the 5th, head home in the afternoon

I'd like to hear from other people, but for me, if we're only going to
have one working day's worth of meetings, I'd rather do it all on one
day -- less time off my Day Job that way.

Definitely up the dinner-and-pub component, though!

)_v__/\  "rm() { /bin/rm -f $*; echo 'Were you sure?'; }" -- Tee-shirt
	 at a Unix conference.