[Zebralist] zebrasrv as a automatic startup service

Bayu Raharjo bayu.raharjo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:49:54 CEST 2011

Dear Adam and all,

This is how I usually start zebra service as Daemon on ubuntu manually
through CLI:

*zebrasrv-2.0 -c /var/www/copycataloging/data/oai-pmh/conf/zebra.cfg @:9999
-D*

But, unfortunately, I found it shut down due to something that I didn't
know. I know it was down when my software make a query to server and it
returns "String could not be parse as XML".

Would you please or anyone here explain me step by step how to make this
thing automatically running at startup/boot and not easily getting
killed/shut down unexpectedly.
I use Ubuntu Server 10.10 LTS. I hope that when it is install as a service,
it will have "everlasting life".

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Bayu Raharjo