[Zebralist] Diagnosing inconsistent results

Brian Harrington brian at jhu.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:19:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue where I'm getting inconsistent results
(either a success or a 114) for the same query, issued a few seconds
apart.  And the error message "[114] Unsupported Use attribute -- v2
addinfo 'any'" is for an attribute that isn't even part of the query.

Does anybody know what migh be going on, or have any tips for diagnosing
this.  Here's an example from yaz-client.  I issued the same query three
times in a row, and got a successful result, sandwiched between 114s.

Z> f @attrset Bib-1 @and @attr "1=authtype" TOPIC_TERM @attr
"1=Match-heading" @attr 6=3 @attr 4=1 "Teacher-student relationships"Sent
searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a bloomin' failure.
Number of hits: 0, setno 10
Result Set Status: none
records returned: 0
Diagnostic message(s) from database:
     [114] Unsupported Use attribute -- v2 addinfo 'any'
Elapsed: 0.000372
Z> f @attrset Bib-1 @and @attr "1=authtype" TOPIC_TERM @attr
"1=Match-heading" @attr 6=3 @attr 4=1 "Teacher-student relationships"
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 1, setno 11
SearchResult-1: term=topicterm cnt=198000, term=teacher student
relationships cnt=1
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.000772
Z> f @attrset Bib-1 @and @attr "1=authtype" TOPIC_TERM @attr
"1=Match-heading" @attr 6=3 @attr 4=1 "Teacher-student relationships"
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a bloomin' failure.
Number of hits: 0, setno 12
Result Set Status: none
records returned: 0
Diagnostic message(s) from database:
     [114] Unsupported Use attribute -- v2 addinfo 'any'
Elapsed: 0.000339

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian Harrington
Content and Resource Development Coordinator
brian at jhu.edu