[Zebralist] zebraidx from different sources?

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Thu Jun 11 13:36:48 CEST 2009

Daine Mamacos writes:
 > I assume there is no way to tell zebraidx to index data from any source
 > other than a file?
 >
 > Can I make a suggestion?
 >
 > Would it be possible to abstract this part of zebraidx into a plugin
 > architecture? This would mean, the default plugin could be files,
 > whereas other people who want to use different data sources (Database
 > perhapse?) could just write an alternative plugin for zebraidx that
 > adheres to an interface of sorts you provide.
 >
 > What do you think?

Hi, Daine.  I think that's a fine idea.  As always, of course, the
problem is who is going to pay for the work to be done :-) But should
a funding opportunity come up, this is definitely the kind of modular
extension that we like to do.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" --
	 Eleanor Roosevelt.