[Zebralist] SRU out of the box?

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Fri Jun 5 00:50:23 CEST 2009

Daine Mamacos writes:
 > I've been reading the zebra documentation, and it says it can do SRU
 > queries of the box using the x-pquery=mineral GET parameter. However,
 > the server just tells me it can't find Default. 404
 > This is the request line:
 > http://127.0.0.1:9999/Default?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&x-pquery=mineral&startRecord=1&maximumRecords=1
 >
 > Any ideas? I can clearly see that there is a web interface on that port,
 > but nothing seems to return anything other than a 404 error.

Daine,

Despite replies to the contrary, you are right that you can indeed use
Zebra to serve SRU out of the box, without needing any additional
configuration, PROVIDED that you limit yourself to using the
non-standard PQF query instead of the standard CQL -- as you are
doing.

Your 404 is most likely because you don't have a database called
Default.  Whatever your database is called, substitute that name for
"Default" in the URL you gave.

For example:
	http://z3950.indexdata.com:210/gils?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&x-pquery=@attr+1=4+mineral&maximumRecords=1

Hope this helps.

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "When something can be read without effort, [it is because] great
	 effort has gone into its writing" -- Enrique Jardiel Poncela.