[Zebralist] FW: Windows binary crash problem

Andrew Houghton kayak.blues at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:48:01 CEST 2008


>
>   *From:* zebralist-bounces at lists.indexdata.dk [mailto:
> zebralist-bounces at lists.indexdata.dk] *On Behalf Of *Mark Cheverton
> *Sent:* Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:54 PM
> *To:* zebralist at lists.indexdata.dk
> *Subject:* [Zebralist] Windows binary crash problem
>
> I've installed the windows binary (2.0.32) on my windows XP machine, added
> the bin directory to my path and worked through the oai-pmh example in the
> docs.
>  The indexing seems to go smoothly with no warnings. The server then
> starts up:
>
> C:\PROGRA~1\Zebra\examples\oai-pmh>zebrasrv.exe -c conf\zebra.cfg
>
> 01:41:59-15/10 [log] zebra_start 2.0.32 conf\zebra.cfg
>
> 01:41:59-15/10 [server] Starting server zebrasrv.exe
>
> 01:41:59-15/10 [server] Adding dynamic listener on tcp:@:9999 id=0
>
>
>
> But when I try to access the SRU search for 'the' the process just dies:
>
>
>
> 01:42:01-15/10 [log] charset 0 UTF-8 (proper name UTF-8): OK
>
> 01:42:01-15/10 [log] dict_lookup_grep: (\x01\x06)(the)
>
> 01:42:01-15/10 [request] SRWSearch Default OK 60 - 1+0 PQF: the
>
> C:\PROGRA~1\Zebra\examples\oai-pmh>
>
>
>
> Debugging doesn't give any extra information as to why it crashes after
> seemingly successfully executing the request.
>
>
>
> I have tried everything I can think of, but am out of ideas. Has anyone
> seen this behaviour?
>
I had this same issue a while back when I installed 2.0.32 on Vista, but no
one responded to the post I sent to the list.  Here is the information from
that post:

I downloaded 2.0.32 and installed it under Windows Vista using the pre-built
installer using the default location in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zebra". When
I tried to run the oai-pmh sample on page 15 of the zebra.pdf document,
zebraidx complained about not being able to write to or lock a file. It
appears that the tmp directory under "..\Zebra\examples\oai-pmh\" was not
pre-created. No problem, I created the tmp directory and reran the index
phase.

When I went to run zebrasrv it produced:

18:11:46-06/06 [server] Adding dynamic listener on @:9999 id=0

18:11:46-06/06 [log] zebra_start 2.0.32 conf\zebra.cfg

18:11:46-06/06 [server] Starting server zebrasrv

which looks ok, however when I went to:

*http://localhost:9999/?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&x-pquery=the*<http://localhost:9999/?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&x-pquery=the>

Vista popped up a dialog box saying that the server crashed with an
application error. Realizing that I installed an Open Source application in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\" and most Open Source applications try to write
into their install directory, which is not allowed under Windows Vista's
"C:\Program Files\" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\" directories for security
reasons, I uninstalled Zebra and reinstalled it to "D:\Zebra".

I repeated running zebraidx, zebrasrv and trying to access the server with
the same results, e.g., application error.

Has anyone else tried to install and run Zebra 2.0.32 on Windows Vista?

Thanks, Andy.

My workstation configuration is:

Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5150 @ 2.66GHz

Manufacturer Dell Inc.

Model Precision WorkStation 490

Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM System type 64-bit operating
system Number of processor cores 2

Total size of hard disk(s) 932 GB

Disk partition (C:) 74 GB Free (234 GB Total) Disk partition (D:) 495 GB
Free (699 GB Total) Media drive (E:)

Display adapter type NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
Display adapter driver version 7.14.10.9687 Primary monitor resolution
1280x1024 Secondary monitor resolution 1280x1024 DirectX version DirectX 9.0
or better

Network Adapter Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller Network Adapter
Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter Network Adapter Virtual Machine Network
Services Driver

The Windows Vista Application event log contained the following:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 2008-06-06 5:34:26 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: localhost

Description:

Faulting application zebrasrv.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x48493952,
faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a783,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0003dbba, process id 0x1144,
application start time 0x01c8c81d11e024d6.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-06-06T21:34:26.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>34609</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>localhost</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>zebrasrv.exe</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>48493952</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.0.6001.18000</Data>

<Data>4791a783</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0003dbba</Data>

<Data>1144</Data>

<Data>01c8c81d11e024d6</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.indexdata.dk/pipermail/zebralist/attachments/20081015/74cea254/attachment.htm 


More information about the Zebralist mailing list