[Zebralist] Updating a record "clears" the index?

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Oct 2 21:49:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:50:46 -0500
Paul Ertz <pertz at silo.lib.ia.us> wrote:

> I read through both of the log files and did notice one warn entry ([warn] Unknown
> register type:). Then again, I am not sure what I should be looking for.
> [...]

Hm, did you modify numeric.chr (it seems you did, and maybe also string.chr)?
There seems to be a syntax error.

The line
----snip
08:34:56-01/10 zebraidx-2.0(18091) [log] Dict: inserts/updates/deletions: 113/1/0
----snip
Hm, I thought you meant to update 1 (as in the log) and that's it (why
the 113 inserts there)? Are there uncommited inserts from the initial
db build?

Other than that I didn't find much out of the ordinary.

Some general thoughts:
- you always specify the same database name, right?
- you're running this always from similar environments (executing user,
  current working directory)?
- directory and file permissions allow write access?

-hwh