[Zebralist] oai and zebra

J.L.Cooper at lboro.ac.uk J.L.Cooper at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 28 10:34:51 CEST 2008

Hi,
  If your application offers an OAI-PMH interface then you could do a similar thing to a method I have used in the past.  A simple Perl script (or any other language that you like) can extract all the metadata via the OAI-PMH interface and then you can use Zebra to index it.  I used a intermediate step of converting the results returned from OAI-PMH to a MARC format as that was a lot easier for the applications that would be accessing Zebra server to use.

  The down side to this was that It would only update each day ( or how ever often you would run the scripts) as so there was a delay between things appearing in the target application and the changes being reflected in the Zebra results.

Regards,
  Jason Cooper

  _____