[Zebralist] ICU and Truncation

Thien Ho thienho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:13:20 CET 2008

Hello,

I attached a tar ball including my configuration files, sample
records. You may need to change modulePath in zebra.cfg to your module
directory. The included modules is for RHEL4.

Problem:
I have a problem with truncation when enable ICU index. I'm using
Zebra 2.0.26, YAZ 3.0.22 on CentOS 4.

Step to produce problem:
 - Extract the tar ball.
 - Index records
 - Start Zebrasrv
 - Search using yaz-client.

tar jxpf zebra_icu.tbz'. A directory called zebra_icu will be created.
cd zebra_icu
zebraidx init
zebraidx update record/
zebrasrv
yaz-client @:9999

Z> f @attr 1=1016 @attr 5=102 .*
The above search returns 3 records, which is fine.

In my configuration, I map attribute value 5000 to field 852,
sub-field p. So searching using attribute value 5000 should returns 3
records, but it only give me 2 records.

Z> f @attr 1=5000 @attr 5=102 .*
This one returns 2 records only.

--