[Zebralist] MARC Leader mapping?

Anthony Burkitt anthony.burkitt at oclc.org
Tue Dec 30 04:03:17 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've got a small Zebra database (GRS records), which is setup with
mapping to simple MARC records.  However, all records presented as MARC
by Zebra have fixed values in the MARC leader - and I need to be able to
  map (or set) at least the bibliographic level (leader position 7).
I have read the available documentation on mapping, and could find
nothing about the leader (please tell me if I've missed it!).  I have
tried what I could think of, but to no avail.  Even mapping to tag "000"
just caused zebra to add an extra "000" tag into the presented record,
leaving the leader unchanged.

Is it possible to map to (or other wise change) characters in the MARC
leader when mapping to MARC on present in Zebra?
Is there any way of defaulting character positions in the MARC leader
when mapping to MARC on present?

Any suggestions gratefully received...

Thanks,
Anthony

--
Anthony Burkitt
Technical Implementation Consultant · OCLC (UK) Ltd