[Zebralist] A few questions about zebra

Merijn van den Kroonenberg merijn at web2all.nl
Tue Oct 30 15:46:04 CET 2007

Hello List,

I have been playing with zebra and a couple questions (4) came to my mind.
Maybe someone can help me with them:

- When is "storeKeys: 1" needed? I had a testcase with "storeKeys: 0" using
general record Id's and I could update with zebraidx, but not delete. I got
the following warning:
[warn] cannot delete file above, storeKeys false (3)
I would expect, when i can update then i can delete too?
storeKeys requires quite alot of diskspace so if I do not need it, I want to
avoid it.

- Is it possible to return only the record ID when presenting results after
a search?
Basically I do not want to store the record data in Zebra (or in the
original import location). As a search result i only need the record ID,
because I present the data from my own source data.
As a workaround I figure I can replace the indexed file by a smaller one
with only the record Id in it, but I wonder if there is a better way.
Maybe there is a way to tell zebra about an alternative way to retrieve the
source record? This would be especially usefull when indexing with extended
service Insertrecord.

- Is it possible to tell zebra to store its index/dictionary data separately
from the record/key data?
The idea behind this question is to store only the indexes (and everything
needed for the searching) on fast (expensive) storage and the other data on
slower (cheaper) storage.
Not sure if its possible or even relevant, but just something I wondered.

- why is bib1 attribute 1032 'Identifier-document' named 'Doc-id' in the
bib1.att?
Or am i missing something here, i am new to the attribute sets stuff.

Greetings,
Merijn van den Kroonenberg

Web2All B.V.
Telefoon: +31 475 775511