[Zebralist] Correct Syntax for connecting to multiple "logical" databases

Joe Bacom joe at docsimple.com
Fri Nov 30 00:11:55 CET 2007

Hi Folks;

I've defined multiple databases in my zebra.cfg, created them, added some
files to them with zebraidx and now I'm trying to connect to both with
yaz-client.  Here's the syntax I'm using:

yaz-client -u username/password localhost:52300/db1+db2

and I get the resulting message:
Authentication set to Open (username/password)
Connecting...OK.
Sent initrequest.
Connection accepted by v3 target.
ID     : 81
Name   : Zebra Information Server/GFS/YAZ
Version: Zebra 2.0.6/1.108/2.1.44
namedResultSets
Elapsed: 0.002881

All looks fine (I think) but when I run a query
f @and @attr 1=type user @attr 1=name joe
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a bloomin' failure.
Number of hits: 0, setno 1
records returned: 0
Diagnostic message(s) from database:
    [236] Access to specified database denied -- v2 addinfo ''
Elapsed: 0.000546

I've checked the username and password and their correct so it seems I must
have the connection syntax incorrect.

Thanks;

Joe

--

Penguin: Linux version 2.6.18 x86_64, 22,406.73 BogoMips
Skype: joebacom