[Zebralist] stylesheet support

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Tue Nov 20 10:01:57 CET 2007

Eric Lease Morgan wrote:
> I played with Zebra's SRU server this weekend, and I want to know
> about stylesheet support.
>
> I began by downloading 700,000 MARC records from the Library of
> Congress. I then fed them to Zebra, and it indexed them in about 10
> minutes. Nice. I then provided access to the index via Zebra's built-
> in SRU server. Try:
>
>    http://infomotions.com/ngc/simple-sru-client.html
>
> This simple client is just a form whose action attribute points to
> the SRU server. Unfortunately, I can not seem to exploit the SRU
> stylesheet parameter. While I can send the server the parameter, my
> client does not read/use the stylesheet because it does not emanate
> from my SRU server.
>
> Does the Zebra SRU server support stylesheets? Additionally, is there

You should be able to specify stylesheet= for YAZ GFS (and zebrasrv). It
  will look for the specified .xsl in current working directory (of
zebrasrv).

You can also specify a default stylesheet and xsl directory in the XML
based server config for GFS (and zebrasrv) , e.g.

     <docpath>xsl</docpath>
     <stylesheet>xsl/default.xsl</stylesheet>

See http://www.indexdata.dk/yaz/doc/server.vhosts.tkl

There is a complete config example in source of YAZ: etc/yazgfs.xml

> a way to get the Zebra SRU server to echo the search request?

YAZ GFS does not do that. Personally I never saw the need .. But we'll
consider it that makes people's life better :-)

/ Adam