[Zebralist] problem deleting record with zoom

marc marc at indexdata.dk
Wed Jan 17 14:01:46 CET 2007

Paul POULAIN wrote:
> Paul POULAIN a écrit :
>> To summarize :
>> * we insert/update records without recordIdOpaque, but with recordID
>> setting
>> * we try to delete records with recordIdOpaque
>>
>> we can't do this : we must either use 1 or the other, not both at the
>> same time.
>
> OK, I changed my script to delete records without recordIdOpaque, and
> thanks, it works.

Good. really good!

> A last question/suggestion : the doc could explain this behaviour a
> little bit more, as I really could not imagine I had to choose between 1
> of the 3 possibilities & only this.
> For me, the :
>>  The actions recordReplace or recordDelete need specification of the
>> additional recordIdNumber parameter,
>  > which must be an existing Zebra internal system ID number, or the
> optional recordIdOpaque string parameter.
>
> mean I MUST send something, even if I use internal record ID.
>
> Cheers.

Well. it's hard to write good docs ... and I see your concern about the
wordings.

I'll add a bug report on this, and hope the docs are improving in the
next release.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

Marc Cromme, Index Data

--

Marc Cromme
M.Sc and Ph.D in Mathematical Modelling and Computation

Index Data Aps
Købmagergade 43, 2
1150 Copenhagen K.
Denmark