[Zebralist] installing zebra package on debian etch on an amd64 system

Walter McGinnis walter at katipo.co.nz
Thu Jan 11 23:36:18 CET 2007

Ah, but it all goes south because of one little dependency issue.  I
use the Perl ZOOM api stuff that you can grab with this:

sudo apt-get install libnet-z3950-perl

However, it requires the libyaz2 package which will promptly
uninstall what I just installed via dpkg!  I've got some ideas to
work around this, but if you something occurs to you before I
respond, feel free to let me know.

Cheers,
Walter

P.S. - There were some typos in the instructions I included, if you
follow them, make sure you grab all the packages you just built in
dpkg -i commands.