[Zebralist] indexing marc records

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Jun 30 03:27:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:31:54PM -0400, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> Can someone here give me a recipe for indexing MARC data?
>
> I have a pile o' (US)MARC records. I want to feed them to zebra for
> indexing. I'll let zebra index the whole lot, not just specific
> fields/subfields. Can someone here give me a quickie introduction for
> making this happen?
The quick solution is to:

1. install Zebra
2. put your records in /usr/share/idzebra/test/usmarc/records (or wherever
	the install put it)
3. zebraidx records
4. zebrasrv

Granted, this won't index _all_ the fields/subfields, but it'll do
a pretty fair job and will help you get started.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE