[Zebralist] results from zebra search in different formats

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Fri Jan 16 18:46:50 CET 2004

Jose Blanco wrote:

> I have loaded some usmarc records in Zebra with encoding set to  MARC8.
>
> It seems like I'm getting back records in UTF-8 format, and other
> records in ISO-8859-1 format when I do a search.  At least when I
> display the results on a browser, I see that if I set charset to
> UTF-8, some characters display correctly, and other don't.  Then when
> I switch to ISO-8859-1, the chars in UTF-8 are displayed incorrectly,
> but the others are displayed correctly.
>
> Can some one give me some clue as to what is going on.  I would
> greatly appreciate it.

Sorry, There is just to little information to know what's going on.
Attache at least one of the MARC records you index. Your .abs-file. In
short: what we need to reproduce or even know what you did. Where do you
specify charset? What software did you use to display MARC records in
your browser?

-- Adam