[Zebralist] results from zebra search in different formats

Jose Blanco blancoj at umich.edu
Fri Jan 16 18:40:46 CET 2004

I have loaded some usmarc records in Zebra with encoding set to  MARC8.

It seems like I'm getting back records in UTF-8 format, and other records in ISO-8859-1 format when I do a search.  At least when I display the results on a browser, I see that if I set charset to UTF-8, some characters display correctly, and other don't.  Then when I switch to ISO-8859-1, the chars in UTF-8 are displayed incorrectly, but the others are displayed correctly.

Can some one give me some clue as to what is going on.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jose