[Zebralist] HTML &-strings

Roland Wadling Roland.Wadling at sgu.se
Fri Jan 16 15:47:28 CET 2004

Hi, Our Zebra version is from 1998 ( $Id: README,v 1.1 1998/01/29 13:33:23
adam Exp $).

We have a minor but irritating problem with acute and grave charachters
e.g. acute e (é). The document files are holding correct &-strings, e..g.

We had the same problem with the german u, but managed to fix it via the
file string.chr (under directory .../zebra/tab/).

I include the original string.chr_old and our last version of it. Do you
have any clues to why we do not succeed here?

Please, enter our GeoRegister from
http://www.sgu.se/bibliotek/georeg_index_e.htm where you easily can look at
the effects. Search (preferably from "Advanced search") on author Müllern
and then on Fredén (the former with a German u, the latter with an acute e,
the last one) and note the differences. Search on Fredén gives only one hit
(for Freden) in stead of 133 (for Fredén). Try also Browse for those two
author's names, resulting in 134 fred at n (!) and 99 müllern (OK).

A hint to fix this problem would be highly appreciated.

Best regards/Roland Wadling

(See attached file: string.chr_old)(See attached file: string.chr)