[Zebralist] Fishyness in Leader information

Christoffer Landtman landtman at realnode.fi
Wed Jan 14 15:03:44 CET 2004

Dear all,

Some time ago users of Emilda reported that there was something wrong in
the manipulation functions of Emilda, and as such we had to investigate
the matter.

As it turns out, there was something wrong with the leader information,
resulting in MARC::Record not being capable to manipulate the records.
It took me a while to understand what was going on, since I was using
Zebra 1.3.10. It was when I upgraded to 1.3.14 that I started having
identical symptoms as reported. As a matter of fact, it seems as if
1.3.14 is somehow distorting the Leader information of records retrieved
with PHP and using "raw" format.

I have attached the original record which is indexed with Zebra
(orig.marc) and the way the record looks when retrieving it with
Zebra(zebra.marc); as it can be noticed, there is a difference in the
leader.

It would be desirable to have some sort of comment on this matter as
soon as possible, so that we can inform Emilda users what measures best
to take.

Regards,

--
Christoffer Landtman