[Zebralist] How to create a new database from scratch?

zebra-account zebra at ihs.de
Tue Jun 3 11:16:04 CEST 2003

Dear list,

can anyone help me out with my issue?

I tried to create database with data from our own linear database system, by

modifying the existing db gils - at least I successfully read in the data,
but

I was unable to search anything.

Here are my questions:

-          is it possible with zebra to create a database by not using any
of the existing .att .abs etc. files (except the index-defining file, can't
remember the name sorry :-) )

-          if so (or not) can anyone give me a tutorial how to do this step
by step (couldn't figure out doing this with the manual)

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely

Jesko Kranzbühler

Production