[Zebralist] Problem getting zebra 1.1 working on RH Linux 7.2

Neil Prockter n.prockter at lse.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 13:32:21 CET 2002

Hello Simon
I have it running on rh7.2. I think the key is not to alter the makefile
but instead to have the readline41 and readline2.2.1 packages installed.
It should compile fine.
As for 2 dababases what is your zebra.conf? / how did you index?
Neil

Original Message dated 08/01/02, 12:07:29
Author: "Mcleish,S" <S.Mcleish at lse.ac.uk>
Re: [Zebralist] Problem getting zebra 1.1 working on RH Linux 7.2:

Hi,
Has anyone got zebra 1.1 working on a RH Linux 7.2 machine (using gcc v.
3.02/ glibc 2.2.4 and yaz 1.8.3)? I got it to compile after editing some
of
the makefiles manually so that the history library was included every
time
the readline library is included (i.e. I replaced "-lreadline" with
"-lreadline -lhistory").
Then I get the following behaviour:
* each time zebraidx is run, it thinks that it's adding all the records
as new
* if only one database is set up, searching it returns sensible results
but
when a second database is indexed - I used the usmarc and gils one
together -
the first database gives "[109] Database unavailable -- v2 addinfo
'Default'"
and the second gives "[114] Unsupported Use attribute -- v2 addinfo
'1016'"
for the simple "find surficial" search
* The same happens with databases which worked fine with zebra v 1.0b1 on
an
alpha machine. (Replacing this machine, now out of warranty, is the
motivation for doing this.)
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Simon