[Yazlist] Install YAZ in Windows

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Mon Oct 8 08:37:55 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:26 AM Rebecca <rebecca at alkem.com.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new to YAZ. I would like to load YAZ library to my PHP extension so
> that I could code in PHP to retrieve data from z39.50 library. However, I
> faced a problem installing and there is very limited details on the
> installation document. Please see below for my steps taken and advise.
>

> Error message: PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> ‘C:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_yaz.dll’ - %1 is not a valid Win32
> application.
> in Unknown on line 0
>
> I have downloaded the files from
> http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc11/x86/php-5.6/ and it does
> not work.
>
> I have thus tried the rest of the files from
> http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/ 1
> <http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/> one by one, yet unable to
> get any of them working.
>
> This are the steps which I took:
>
>    1. Place libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, yaz5.dll in
>    C:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/
>    2. Place php_yaz.dll in C:/wamp64/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/
>    3. Add extension=php_yaz.dll in php.ini
>    4. Restart server

You appear to be running 64-bit version of PHP -- at least your directory
wamp64 suggests so.  But the php_yaz.dll from the x86 location is 32-bit.
So they won't work together.

We don't have a 64-bit version for PHP 5.6 at the moment.

At our download site you'll find the following:

PHP 5.6 32-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc11/x86/php-5.6/
PHP 7.0 32-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc14/x86/php-7.0/
PHP 7.0 64-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc14/x64/php-7.0/
PHP 7.1 32-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc14/x86/php-7.1/
PHP 7.2 32-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc15/x86/php-7.2/
PHP 7.2 64-bit http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/phpyaz/windows/vc15/x64/php-7.2/

Perhaps you can use a newer version of PHP?

Also.. important.. The support files libxml2, libxslt, yax5 DLLs *must* be
in your PATH.

/ Adam