[Yazlist] support facets over SimpleServer SRU

Denenberg, Ray rden at loc.gov
Thu Jul 21 14:47:08 UTC 2016

Michael - let me try to walk through some of this (with some handwaving).

See the table at:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/os/part3-sru2.0/searchRetrieve-v1.0-os-part3-sru2.0.html#_Toc324162437

which shows the response elements.  They are:

<numberOfRecords>

<resultSetId>

<records>

<nextRecordPosition>

<echoedSearch

RetrieveRequest>

<diagnostics>

<extraResponseData>

<resultSetTTL>

<resultCountPrecision>

<facetedResults>

<searchResultAnalysis

Now look at the example response at:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/search-ws/searchRetrieve/v1.0/os/part3-sru2.0/searchRetrieve-v1.0-os-part3-sru2.0.html#_Toc324162488

Which shows how some of these response elements are supplied in a response; unfortunately the example does not show <facetedResults>, but it would be supplied in the same manner.  It would simply fit into the response like the other elements.   For example:

<searchRetrieveResponse>

    <numberOfRecords>10</numberOfRecords>

    <resultSetId>resultA</resultSetId>

    <resultSetTTL>180</resultSetTTL>

    <records>

            <record>

              record 1 ….

            </record>

            <record>

             record 2 …..

            </record>

    </records>

    <nextRecordPosition>3</nextRecordPosition>

<facetedResults xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-facetedResults"

    xsi:schemaLocation="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/search-ws/sru-facetedResults facetedResults.xsd">

    <datasource>

        <!-- first data source -->

        <datasourceDisplayLabel> LC</datasourceDisplayLabel>

        <datasourceDescription>Library of Congress</datasourceDescription>

        <baseURL> http://z3950.loc.gov:7090/voyager </baseURL>

        <facets>

            <facet>

                <!-- first facet for this datasource -->

                <facetDisplayLabel> subject</facetDisplayLabel>

     ……..

  ………..

</searchRetrieveResponse>

Sorry, no, LC does not support faceted results.

Ray