[Yazlist] support facets over SimpleServer SRU

Michael Lackhoff lackhoff at zbmed.de
Wed Jul 20 07:41:07 UTC 2016

Hello,

another requirement for our SRU service. Our backend supports facets and
according to the docs YAZ/SimpleServer should support it
(http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/doc/facets.html) but this page doesn't
show me how the facets can be requested in SRU URL-params. It only
states that it is suported in SRU 2.0. This time even the LC protocol
page only gives an XSD-file, no examples or further information.

Perhaps I can hard code the facets or use an extra parameter (see my
last mail) to allow requesting specific facets so can can deal with this
part of the cycle.
But where I have no idea at all because I didn't fine any info is how to
get the facets into the response.

And what is even more important, I found no real info how I can return
the facets to the client. It must be integrated into the response(-XML)
somehow but I have no idea how to achieve this.
There seems to be a parameter "OUTPUTFACETS" that sounds like it could
be used to contain the facets but nothing about the expected format or
structure (XML string? Hash-ref? something else?)

-Michael