[Yazlist] Yaz compatibility with solr >= 5.1

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Tue Jul 28 11:02:41 UTC 2015


On 07/16/2015 10:25 AM, Dennis Schafroth wrote:
> I compiled yaz with the z_HTTP_header_add_content_type commented out. 
> And searched using zoomsh against Solr 5.2.1 and it worked.
>
> Since there is no body, there is no need for a content-type. See 7.2.1 
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec7.html#sec7
>
> The request could set a ACCEPT header with “application/xml”, but it’s 
> not required to search against Solr 5.2.1.
>
> I did not manage to search and get JSON response back throw the stack 
> (decode error). I don’t think yaz/ZOOM layer support JSON responses.
Thanks. We'll use that approach .. Ie remove code :-)

/ Adam
>
> cheers,
> :-Dennis
>
>> On 16 Jul 2015, at 09:48, Wolfram Schneider <wosch at freebsd.org 
>> <mailto:wosch at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>>
>> On 15 July 2015 at 19:09, Marios Bartzokas <mbartzokas at atypon.com 
>> <mailto:mbartzokas at atypon.com>> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We use metaproxy 1.8.10 with yaz 5.14.3 making requests to a solr index.
>>> And we recently switched from solr 4.10.4 to 5.2.1.
>>>
>>> This caused the requests from metaproxy to solr to fail with solr 
>>> giving us
>>> the following error:
>>> HTTP 400 Bad Request -  Bad contentType for search handler :text/xml
>>>
>>> Looking in metaproxy logs I see that a request to solr has the following
>>> header;
>>> Content-type: text/xml
>>>
>>> By
>>> 1) googling the issue and having found
>>> http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Bad-contentType-for-search-handler-text-xml-charset-UTF-8-td4200314.html
>>> 2) looking in the solr source code
>>
>> it turns out that solr has problems with the standard content type 
>> "text/xml"
>>
>>> we thought we should try using application/json as the Content-type 
>>> in the
>>> request headers.
>>
>> please try instead "application/xml"
>>
>> -Wolfram
>>
>>>
>>> After many failed attempts to achieve that by using the metaproxy
>>> http-rewrite filter, we changed the source code of yaz-5.14.3, file 
>>> solr.c,
>>> function yaz_solr_encode_request,
>>>
>>> z_HTTP_header_add_content_type(encode, &hreq->headers,
>>> "text/xml;application/json", charset);
>>>
>>> to include the application/json in addition to text/xml.
>>>
>>> This successfully changed the Content-Type and the request to solr now
>>> succeeded.
>>>
>>> We wanted 1) to report that and 2) to ask whether you think it is a good
>>> solution or you would suggest another approach.
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Marios
>> --
>> Wolfram Schneider <wosch at FreeBSD.org 
>> <mailto:wosch at FreeBSD.org>>http://wolfram.schneider.org 
>> <http://wolfram.schneider.org/>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Yazlist mailing list
>> Yazlist at lists.indexdata.dk <mailto:Yazlist at lists.indexdata.dk>
>> http://lists.indexdata.dk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/yazlist
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Yazlist mailing list
> Yazlist at lists.indexdata.dk
> http://lists.indexdata.dk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/yazlist

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.indexdata.dk/pipermail/yazlist/attachments/20150728/c472f10f/attachment.html>


More information about the Yazlist mailing list