[Yazlist] Problems with Zoom.Net and Yaz 5

Stephan Gertsobbe sgertsobbe at lib-it.de
Thu Jul 23 12:55:50 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

we tried to port the old Zoom.Net Implementation to Yaz5. So we went through and checked all the existing DLLImports in yaz.cs and changed them to yaz5.dll. The EntryPoints are all correct, the method signatures seem to be still correct and the same.

BUT: when we try to use our C# Based Client on setting the Options for the connection, or setting the database of the connection we get a

PInvokeStackImbalance ist aufgetreten.
Message: Der Assistent für verwaltetes Debugging ""PInvokeStackImbalance"" hat ein Problem in ""D:\src\LIBEROAPI\CATGMDGenerator\TestBoxfür\bin\x86\Debug\TestBoxfür.vshost.exe"" festgestellt.
Zusätzliche Informationen: Ein Aufruf an die PInvoke-Funktion "Zoom.Net.YazSharp!Zoom.Net.YazSharp.Yaz::ZOOM_options_set" hat das Gleichgewicht des Stapels gestört. Wahrscheinlich stimmt die verwaltete PInvoke-Signatur nicht mit der nicht verwalteten Zielsignatur überein. Überprüfen Sie, ob die Aufrufkonvention und die Parameter der PInvoke-Signatur mit der nicht verwalteten Zielsignatur übereinstimmen.

My Development system speaks german so here is he exception from google
PInvokeStackImbalance has occurred.
Message: The Wizard managed debugging "" PInvokeStackImbalance "" has a problem in "found" "D \ src \ LIBEROAPI \ CATGMDGenerator \ TestBoxfür \ bin \ x86 \ Debug \ TestBoxfür.vshost.exe".
Additional information: A call to PInvoke the function "! Zoom.Net.YazSharp Zoom.Net.YazSharp.Yaz :: ZOOM_options_set" has upset the balance of the stack. Probably true unmanaged PInvoke signature match the target unmanaged signature. Check that the calling convention and parameters of the PInvoke signature match the target unmanaged signature.

Of course the entire thing doesn't work.

So my question did I miss any important changes on the API and Zoom.Net simple doesn't do what it's supposed to do as it is unmaintained since 2005 (Version 0.9c)
Could somebody please help me as I need to get the Z Client in one of our Library system add-ins to Yaz5 and can't find any proper implementation of YAZ.Net

This is the first call that crashes they somehow all crash with the PInvokeStackImbalance Error but this is the first
             public string this[string key]
             {
                    get
                    {
                           return Yaz.ZOOM_options_get(_zoomOptions, key);
                    }

                    set
                    {
                           Yaz.ZOOM_options_set(_zoomOptions, key, value);
                    }
             }

I attach my current version of yaz.cs to this email.

Kind regards and thanks a lot for any help
Stephan