[Yazlist] Metaproxy SPARQL module

Tim Thompson timathom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 04:04:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have installed the Metaproxy SPARQL module and succeeded in running some
queries against a locally installed triplestore (Fuseki). Disclaimer: this
is my first time using Metaproxy, and my experience with Z39.50 and related
technologies is limited. However, from what I've seen so far, I think that
this and the companion MP-XQuery module certainly have the potential to
help ease the transition from MARC to BIBFRAME.

The MP-XQuery module makes sense to me and "just works," but I'm still
having trouble wrapping my head around MP-SPARQL. Reading the
documentation, I have a few questions; specifically:

1. What is a "database" in the context of MP-SPARQL? The demo config file
that ships with the module code contains several filters that refer to
different databases ("thing," "smallindex," etc.), but I don't understand
whether these are actual databases or just ad-hoc handles for a particular
filter.

When I start Metaproxy and try to reference one of these databases, I get
an error for anything but the "Default" database.

2. What are the available values for the @schema attribute? The
documentation references "sparql-results" and "rdf" (the latter returning
RDF/XML). Does the MP-SPARQL module support content negotiation or any
non-XML RDF serializations?

3. In the prefix element, the URI for the RDF namespace is provided, but
the RDF/XML response that I get is returning a dummy prefix for RDF
elements (Fuseki gives me j.0:RDF as the root element, for example). The
BIBFRAME prefix resolves correctly. Any idea why this is happening?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)