[Yazlist] YAZ 5.0.21 available

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Fri Mar 21 20:12:57 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 08:36 PM, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 21.03.2014 19:41 Adam Dickmeiss wrote:
>
>> The solrmarc is not a format in 5.0.21. Rather it's a conversion step.
>>
>> Example from test_record_conv.c:
>>      <backend>
>>          <solrmarc/>
>>          <marc"
>>                          outputcharset="utf-8"
>>                          inputcharset="marc-8"
>>                          outputformat="marcxml"
>>                          inputformat="marc"
>>           />
>>      </backend>
>>
>> In your case an <xslt> step will be inserted before solrmarc to dig out
>> the solrmarc string from the XML response.
> I don't understand. Is the <xslt> implicit? How are then special cases
> handled (see my mails to possible variants: other field name or other
> record type)?
implicit? No.

I just thought the solrmarc records were embedded in some elements. And
you need to dig it out from that (x-path select) via XSLT. If your Solr
instance returns solrmarc unwrapped , then you would not need an xslt
element.

> And from the code above it looks as if <solrmarc/> would output marc-8
> (since the following <marc> has an inputcharset marc-8). If so, why? I
> think it is UTF-8 most of the time (always?) Is it possible to set a
> charset in <solrmarc/>?
No charset in solrmarc. If your solrmarc are UTF-8 then
inputcharset="utf-8" would be used for the <marc>.

Having solrmarc as a separate conversion step is superior and does all
what the first version did. And we might also need a base64 step later.
In case someone actually encoded ISO2709 records as base64 for XML transfer.

> The first version could handle all of these easily.
And the 2nd version too.

/ Adam