[Yazlist] YAZ 5.0.21 available

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Fri Mar 21 18:41:05 UTC 2014

On 03/21/2014 06:48 PM, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 21.03.2014 17:27 Adam Dickmeiss wrote:
>
>> YAZ 5.0.21 is available. This is feature release. Changes since 5.0.20:
>>
>> Offer new utility function zget_AttributeList_use_string.
>>
>> New conversion step, solrmarc, for record conversion module.
> Thanks a lot! By now I managed to do some testing (with the
> 5.0.20-solrmarc branch) and it looks very good. I borrowed heavily from
> Sven -- many thanks to you, too! -- and can now say "format usmarc" in
> yaz and the solrmarc from Vufind/Solr is nicely presented as MARC,
> exactly what I wanted. From there it should be no problem to also offer
> MARCXML, DC and all the other standard formats with existing conversions.
> Still lots of fine tuning to do but so far I am very happy :-)
Just note that YAZ 5.0.21 is different from 5.0.20-solrmarc.

The solrmarc is not a format in 5.0.21. Rather it's a conversion step.

Example from test_record_conv.c:
    <backend>
        <solrmarc/>
        <marc"
                        outputcharset="utf-8"
                        inputcharset="marc-8"
                        outputformat="marcxml"
                        inputformat="marc"
         />
    </backend>

In your case an <xslt> step will be inserted before solrmarc to dig out
the solrmarc string from the XML response.

/ Adam