[Yazlist] support for solrmarc?

Michael Lackhoff lackhoff at zbmed.de
Wed Mar 19 11:16:31 UTC 2014

On 19.03.2014 11:13 Adam Dickmeiss wrote:

> Yes. But let us know.. is the XML record from Solr always mapped in a
> simple element, such as <str>. ?
>
> In that case, perhaps it's preferred to just have YAZ parse that as
> well. (no XSLT needed).

One addition might be important: It is possible to have other record
types as well. The whole solrmarc-thing makes only sense as long as we
have a recordtype of marc:
<str name="recordtype">marc</str>
This is certainly the most dominant record type but not the only one. So
in a mixed index it might be necessary to check for the recordtype
first, which would require XSLT, I guess.
But still -- a simple path for the most common case (MARC data in
fullrecord) could make life a lot easier.

-Michael