[Yazlist] support for solrmarc?

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Wed Mar 19 10:13:09 UTC 2014

On 03/19/2014 08:34 AM, Michael Lackhoff wrote:
> On 18.03.2014 21:44 Adam Dickmeiss wrote:
>
>>> Does that mean, there is still hope :-))))))))))))))))))) ???
>> Yep. We've made a branch in YAZ that parses the solrmarc content if
>> inputformat="solrmarc" .
> Thanks a lot! Do I have to compile yaz first with your changes to use it
> or is it enough to update the source files (in the yaz tree) and
> recompile metaproxy?
>
> [a few minutes of impatience later...]
>
> Well, I just compiled yaz from head but only succeeded after a few changes:
>
> 1. the stemmer.c dir was empty in HEAD, so I got the below error. After
> I copied the dir from th 5.0.18 release it worked
git submodule init
git submodule update

should incorporate sub modules. The documentation doesn't mention that,
unfortunately.
> (got the src from here:
> http://git.indexdata.com/?p=yaz.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/solrmarc;sf=tgz).
> By the way, will it eventually be merged into master?
Yes. But let us know.. is the XML record from Solr always mapped in a
simple element, such as <str>. ?

In that case, perhaps it's preferred to just have YAZ parse that as
well. (no XSLT needed).

> ..\src\stemmer.c(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
> 'libstemmer.h': No such file or directory
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.
> EXE"' : return code '0x2'
> Stop.
>
> 2. The ICU version is hard coded in several places like here:
> icu: $(BINDIR)\icudt42.dll $(BINDIR)\icuin42.dll $(BINDIR)\icuuc42.dll
>
> I got a file-not-found-error until I renamed the entries to this (and
> equivalent in other places):
> icu: $(BINDIR)\icudt44.dll $(BINDIR)\icuin44.dll $(BINDIR)\icuuc44.dll
>
> perhaps a candidate for a setting at the top of the Makefile?
Good idea.

/ Adam