[Yazlist] support for solrmarc?

Michael Lackhoff lackhoff at zbmed.de
Wed Mar 19 07:34:52 UTC 2014

On 18.03.2014 21:44 Adam Dickmeiss wrote:

>> Does that mean, there is still hope :-))))))))))))))))))) ???
> Yep. We've made a branch in YAZ that parses the solrmarc content if
> inputformat="solrmarc" .

Thanks a lot! Do I have to compile yaz first with your changes to use it
or is it enough to update the source files (in the yaz tree) and
recompile metaproxy?

[a few minutes of impatience later...]

Well, I just compiled yaz from head but only succeeded after a few changes:

1. the stemmer.c dir was empty in HEAD, so I got the below error. After
I copied the dir from th 5.0.18 release it worked
(got the src from here:
http://git.indexdata.com/?p=yaz.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/solrmarc;sf=tgz).
By the way, will it eventually be merged into master?

..\src\stemmer.c(21) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'libstemmer.h': No such file or directory
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN\cl.
EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

2. The ICU version is hard coded in several places like here:
icu: $(BINDIR)\icudt42.dll $(BINDIR)\icuin42.dll $(BINDIR)\icuuc42.dll

I got a file-not-found-error until I renamed the entries to this (and
equivalent in other places):
icu: $(BINDIR)\icudt44.dll $(BINDIR)\icuin44.dll $(BINDIR)\icuuc44.dll

perhaps a candidate for a setting at the top of the Makefile?

After these changes I could compile yaz from HEAD. No problems with
metaproxy after that either.

Now I am going to test with real data...

Many thanks again!
-Michael