[Yazlist] support for solrmarc?

Michael Lackhoff lackhoff at zbmed.de
Tue Mar 18 19:07:46 UTC 2014

On 18.03.2014 19:24 Sven-S. Porst wrote:

> Yikes! Someone please catalogue some »#29;«s into their records and observe what will break ;)

Doesn't seem to be very popular content ;-)

> If I am not mistaken, the fullrecord field’s purpose is just to keep a copy of the original record. SolrMARC documentation seems to suggest that you can also configure the software to store MARCXML instead of ISO2709.

I use it with good success for retro cataloging. But even with a quite
big index I still do not find everything in it. That's the reason why I
would like to also search some major z39.50 targets in parallel.

> With that you may be able to avoid the control character hell and then use XSL [1] in Solr to provide the raw MARCXML in its responses and configure the zoom filter to invoke the XSL as described by Dennis in this discussion [2],

Very clever! Perhaps I will go that path, though it would mean to
reindex about 70 Mio. records and would get some more overhead due to
the XML tags, but I will definitely think about it.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me
-Michael