[Yazlist] getting my feet wet with metaproxy

Sven-S. Porst ssp-lists at earthlingsoft.net
Tue Mar 18 17:15:48 UTC 2014

> That's great, your expertise looks really amazing to me!

Thanks – it’s really due to the help provided by people like Adam around here.

> I hope that my limited XSLT knowledge is good enough to extract the MARC record from the SOLR-XML. If I get stuck, may I contact you off-list for some help (off-list since this is moving away from yaz and friends a bit)? But as I said, I will first try it myself.

I have never worked with those SolrMarc indexes. So I don’t know, sorry.

> For the time being I have just one question left: Is it possible to use the Solr stuff in a virt_db/multi-setting to query several databases in parallel?

I never tried that either. (I also suspect that the »multi« approach can only make sense if you are happy with a somewhat unpredictable order of the records.)

Best

		Sven

--
Sven-S. Porst . http://earthlingsoft.net/ssp
Need help with your data and UI? Hit reply and hire me.