[Yazlist] Two remarks on pz2.js

Jakub Skoczen jakub at indexdata.dk
Fri Mar 7 10:12:46 UTC 2014

1. ActiveX support was removed to simplify the code as we no longer
test pz2.js on IE6 and we wanted to untested code paths. If this is a
deal-breaker for you we can re-introduce, just keep in mind that CORS
is not supported in ActiveX.

2. Sounds good.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM, Sven-S. Porst
<ssp-lists at earthlingsoft.net> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have two remarks to make on pz.js
>
> 1.
> A recent patch to pz2.js [1] removed the compatibility for older IE versions' lack of XMLHttpRequest. With this not being mentioned in the commit message, I am wondering whether it may have happened inadvertently. As even non-ancient IE versions may have to use the old methods (say, because of native XMLHttpRequest has been deactivated by the admin), I strongly suggest re-adding that support [2] as it can break sites right now.
>
> 2.
> Due to the intricacies of JavaScript's >>this<<, I would also find it very helpful if pz2.js could also pass the request object to the error handler. Otherwise it ends up being really difficult/ugly to access both the request object _and_ the properties of object owning the error handling function during error handling. My trivial patch: [3]
>
> Best
>                 Sven
>

> [1] http://git.indexdata.com/?p=pazpar2.git;a=commit;h=c24c7254b8a48abef8df4e195405f5e58b8aaf43
>
> [2] https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-js-client/commit/42d2e699ea5feca438371be083c64203d86de05d
>
> [3] https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-js-client/commit/bd86ad804fb8194a6ff205ba1d777bdaa19f5af5
>
> --
> Sven-S. Porst . http://earthlingsoft.net/ssp
> Need help with your data and UI? Hit reply and hire me.

Cheers,
Jakub