[Yazlist] Two remarks on pz2.js

Sven-S. Porst ssp-lists at earthlingsoft.net
Fri Mar 7 07:18:09 UTC 2014

Dear list,

I have two remarks to make on pz.js

1.
A recent patch to pz2.js [1] removed the compatibility for older IE versions’ lack of XMLHttpRequest. With this not being mentioned in the commit message, I am wondering whether it may have happened inadvertently. As even non-ancient IE versions may have to use the old methods (say, because of native XMLHttpRequest has been deactivated by the admin), I strongly suggest re-adding that support [2] as it can break sites right now.

2.
Due to the intricacies of JavaScript’s »this«, I would also find it very helpful if pz2.js could also pass the request object to the error handler. Otherwise it ends up being really difficult/ugly to access both the request object _and_ the properties of object owning the error handling function during error handling. My trivial patch: [3]

Best
		Sven

[1] http://git.indexdata.com/?p=pazpar2.git;a=commit;h=c24c7254b8a48abef8df4e195405f5e58b8aaf43

[2] https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-js-client/commit/42d2e699ea5feca438371be083c64203d86de05d

[3] https://github.com/ssp/pazpar2-js-client/commit/bd86ad804fb8194a6ff205ba1d777bdaa19f5af5

--
Sven-S. Porst . http://earthlingsoft.net/ssp
Need help with your data and UI? Hit reply and hire me.