[Yazlist] Yaz on CentOS

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Thu Mar 6 10:00:21 UTC 2014

On 03/05/2014 06:46 PM, Tsakonas Giannis wrote:
> Dear Adam
>
> thank you for the enlightening response. We managed to progress, yet
> we faced another one problem.
>
> We executed 'yum install php-devel' and then 'pecl install yaz'. At
> the end of this command we were asked to define the yaz installation
> path. Autodetect didn't work out and lead to failure.
>
> We installed gcc because it seemed that there wasn't any C compiler
> and we manually moved on following the instructions found at
> http://forums.eukhost.com/f29/installing-yaz-php-extension-using-pecl-failing-7775/

By default 'configure' followed by 'make install' will install virtually
all software in /usr/local prefix.

Specifically for YAZ, that's programs such as yaz-config, yaz-client,
yaz-ztest in
   /usr/local/bin

If you enjoy building YAZ by hand and want to install it in /usr/local,
you should probably consider getting /usr/local/bin in your PATH. That
would make
   pecl install yaz
work - out of the box.

If you, on the other hand, would just like to install YAZ in the
"system" directories /usr/bin, consider just getting YAZ as package.
Then you don't need to tweak PATH  or any other path for that matter.

You still need to do
   pecl install yaz

to compile and install *PHPYAZ*.

/ Adam