[Yazlist] Yaz on CentOS

Adam Dickmeiss adam at indexdata.dk
Tue Mar 4 11:32:11 UTC 2014

On 03/04/2014 11:24 AM, Tsakonas Giannis wrote:
> Dear list members
>
> maybe this is something trivial to most of you, but we are facing a
> problem with yaz. We are trying to send a query within a jsquery built
> mobile application. The application is currently installed on CentOS
> 6. The behaviour is that upon clicking the Submit button, we are
> presented with a blank screen. Apparently we are missing something
> crucial.  We have tested it also with Ubuntu 10.04, with the same
> result: not working. Our only exception is on Ubuntu 12.04 (yaz
> version 4.2.18), where it worked just fine.
>
> On our CentOS server we have installed the following:
>
> -- libicu-4.2.1-9.1.el6_2.x86_64
> -- libyaz-3.0.49-1.el6.x86_64
> -- yaz-3.0.49-1.el6.x86_64
>
> plus
>
> -- libyaz-devel.x86_64 0:3:0:49-1.el6
>
> using the following commands:
>
> -- yum install yaz
> -- yum install libyaz-devel
>  -- yum install php-pear
>
>  Inside php.ini we have added  extension = yaz.so

Not enough.

yum install yaz
installs yaz-client .. YAZ utilities
yum install libyaz-devel
installs YAZ development libraries for C
yum install php-pear
installs pear

Now you also need to actually install PHP/YAZ. Perhaps you also need:
yum install php-devel

And, finally, compile PHP/YAZ itself:
pecl install yaz

You can now add extension=yaz.so to php.ini

YAZ is now available to php cli and, perhaps, other PHP interfaces..

/ Adam